Tuesday 19 January 2010

Head Bangers

In a very weak moment of my diet I remembered the naughty bin, where my skinny boyfriend keeps a bucket full of crisps, sweets, biscuits and very fattening things that I should steer clear from. In my haste to get there I head butted the corner of the TV that juts out from the wall overhead. Owwwww, it really hurt and I've got a huge lump on my forehead - Elephant woman not Big Bird - and I think I have knocked myself silly(er). This is not the first time. A few months ago I head butted the bathroom wall-light as I leant forward to put my contact lense in.

My cat is also a head banger. He is almost blind but most of the time he knows his way round the house and garden. The trouble is, if there's a loud bang (like me headbanging something) or a knock on the door he gets frightened and forgets everything. He then runs around madly head-butting everything he contacts until finally he comes to the doorway and makes his escape. Ahhhh, bless him - has anyone invented crash helmets for cats?

No comments:

Post a Comment