Saturday 10 April 2010

Eyes wide shut

Last night we girls were celebrating the last one of us to reach their 40th birthday. Our conversations are no longer about boys and parties - instead hot flushes and wrinkles. We have known each other for over 15 years, from the days when the city was actually a really fun place to work. Reminiscing about the good old days of singledom I have to mention one particular work do.

Anne had been flirting with a guy in the office for some time. This night, after several gin and tonics she had got him in her sights. There she was, sitting on his lap and snogging him in the middle of the nightclub in full view of everyone else.

The next day at the office she really couldn't understand how it was that she was the main topic of conversation. "I didnt think anyone could see me" she said, "I had my eyes shut"!

No comments:

Post a Comment