Monday 5 April 2010

Poker face

I never thought it would be so hard to find something interesting or funny to write about on a regular basis. Has my life become that middle-aged and boring? I've had a brilliant break over Easter but all I really did was watch DVDs whilst lounging around in my pyjamas and stuffing my face with cheese and drambuie. Heaven. I really am going to start a new diet soon, otherwise I'll have to get my "fat" clothes back down from the loft.

On Saturday night we held a poker night and as the only woman there I gave a very good account of myself and managed to win about £20. My poker face is quite simple - I just look like a dumb blonde who is 3 sheets to the wind - works every time!

Back to the shit-hole tomorrow unless (please please) the train strike is still going ahead. We are still a man down whilst trying to cope with the extra work that has been piled on us lately and at the busiest time of the year. We are doing our best but the workload keeps on piling higher and higher. We have voiced our concerns to management but they are all deaf so I don't suppose anything will be done until the first customer complaint comes in. Then I guess some heads will roll and I don't particularly care if one of them is mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment