Wednesday 24 March 2010

Masterchef?

I love watching masterchef but I could never go on the show. They would absolutely hate my cooking because I like my meat to be over cooked (burnt) rather than still bleeding. Also I loathe tomatoes (although I do like tomato soup, heinz beans and pizza topping) and yet tomatoes seem to be required in every dish. In fact there are not many vegetables that I will eat so my menus would be very limited in the judges eyes. Having said that the only A+ I ever got at school was from the cookery teacher!

Trying to choose a restaurant for a meal out is a nightmare these days as they all insist on adding aubergine or spinach into otherwise tasty sounding dishes. I love fish pies so why do they always have to spoil them by adding broccoli or something equally horrid? Finding a sandwich or meal without tomatoes, cucumber, celery or leeks is almost impossible. I shouldn't complain - my sister is a vegan and on holiday in Europe the poor girl can never find anything to eat besides salad and chips.

My boyfriend is a fully trained chef so I have always felt a bit awkward cooking for him. The first time I ever made him lunch was just a simple baguette. He took one bite into it and out came his tooth - how embarrassing! That was 10 years ago so I think I got away with it.

2 comments:

  1. His tooth really came out?? OMG I just laughed so hard. hehe

    www.snafuliving.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really did! It was on about our 3rd date and I really thought I'd blown it. Turned out to be a good move because he tends to do all the cooking now!

    ReplyDelete