Thursday 3 June 2010

Moving House - still on the starting block

Well I had a few valuations over the weekend and decided that Bairstow Eves had been the most professional estate agent by far. I agreed that they should go ahead and sell my house as soon as a) I had signed the contract, b) I had approved the photos/brochure and c) most definately not before this weekend. On Wednesday I received an email from a property website telling me of all the new properties added that day (I am closely watching the competition). The new house looked very familiar and that was because it was mine! The unapproved photos made it look really horrible. Bairstow Eves have now removed the offending property and will not be selling my house anytime soon. Whose next? I'll decide over the weekend.

On Saturday we are going to stay in a B&B in my new hometown and I've made appointments to see 12 houses so by next week I should have a better idea of what it is exactly that I'm looking for. I have already fallen out of love with last week's dreamboat (yes I am fickle), my new favourite has a room big enough to fit a snooker table - a lifelong dream - and it also has a pretty garden and conservatory. The downside is that it is a long walk from the train station, quite an issue because by moving there my train journey to work will increase by an hour each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment