Thursday 27 May 2010

Moving House - the beginning

Can't believe it's been 2 weeks since I found time to write anything. I'm still in love with a house and hopefully I will get to meet it next weekend. In the meantime I have been busy painting and de-cluttering and now my little tardis doesn't seem quite so bad. Good news is that I dont have to fork out for a HIPS package anymore but I do have to get an energy certificate which is probably not going to be very helpful.

To decide which estate agent to use I sent a blanket email to 10 local ones with some questions about fees etc. In my message I wrote "PLEASE REPLY BY EMAIL" in capitals. Three of them telephoned anyway, one replied but didnt give any indication of which estate agent they represented and one didnt reply at all. Five left. Of all the answers I got, and to my surprise it was Bairstow Eves that gave me the most informative reply. The next day they even hand delivered a welcome package with lots of useful selling information. So far I'm very impressed with them but at the end of the day I expect I'll chose the one that values my house the highest. Of the rest I have chosen the new kid on the block with a very low fee and free energy pack as well as the one that is closest to my house.

So, by Tuesday I will have had 3 valuations and made my choice, my dear little tardis will finally be up for sale. The following weekend we are going to stay in a B&B in my new hometown and view as many properties as possible including my beloved. Then we will just have to wait and hope and try not to get too many grey hairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment