Tuesday 4 May 2010

Little bleeder bit me

Yesterday as I walked home from the shop I saw a big mean cat chasing a baby squirrel. The poor little thing was pinned up against the wall screaming in terror. I tried to chase the cat away but it wasn't going anywhere and so I tried to move the squirrel instead. By the time I realised there was no safe place for the poor little thing to hide it had sunk it's teeth into my thumb. I let go and it ran a little way still screaming, the big nasty cat following not far behind. It is nature and there really wasn't anything I could have done to save it but I was still quite traumatised by the time I got home. I do hope that baby squirrel somehow managed to get away.

My boyfriend thought I was quite insane, saying that squirrels were like rats and that I most probably now have rabies. We spent a nice day at the seaside with his parents who also thought I was an idiot and eventually they all persuaded me to go to the walk-in centre on the way home. The nurse on duty said that squirrels are herbivores and therefore it would have been far more serious if I had been bitten by the cat. (My two are always biting me - playfully of course). She gave me a tetanus jab which was long overdue and now my arm aches and I can't sleep on that side.

1 comment:

  1. Squirrels are like rats. I agree with your boyfriend. What a story! :-)

    ReplyDelete